Steadicam Training

Guest Stephen Murphy
Thanks for your time first of all!

I was wondering if someone can guide me with some school names, reasonable fee and any other details on steadicam Training. I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks

Kris :lol:

Visit www.steadicam-ops.com and talk to the Steadicam Operators Association. they run the best workshops in the US, usually in Philly with either GB or Jerry Hollway as Lead Instructor.

Visit www.steadicam-ops.com and talk to the Steadicam Operators Association. they run the best workshops in the US, usually in Philly with either GB or Jerry Hollway as Lead Instructor.

Thanks Stephen. I will look into it. Good luck with your projects. Any help in Canada let me know.

Krishna

I was wondering if someone can guide me with some school names, reasonable fee and any other details on steadicam Training.

As Stephen pointed out the week-long SOA workshops are top rated, been there and I recommend them highly. Tiffen also runs week-long workshops in the LA area with many of the same instructors, also top-rated and recommended. You'll spend about $3500 with travel, food, lodging and workshop fees for the week. PRO-GPI runs a great weekend workshop in the Spring.

Another option if you're just starting out is the two-day Steadicam Flyer workshops put on by Tiffen and taught by Peter Abraham, who is an excellent instructor. That workshop costs $500.

Frankly, I've yet to hear anyone speak poorly about any of the various workshops; it's really a group of very dedicated and experienced operators who love to share their knowledge.

Good luck!

Robert Starling, SOC

Steadicam Owner / Operator

Las Vegas

As Stephen pointed out the week-long SOA workshops are top rated, been there and I recommend them highly. Tiffen also runs week-long workshops in the LA area with many of the same instructors, also top-rated and recommended. You'll spend about $3500 with travel, food, lodging and workshop fees for the week. PRO-GPI runs a great weekend workshop in the Spring.

Another option if you're just starting out is the two-day Steadicam Flyer workshops put on by Tiffen and taught by Peter Abraham, who is an excellent instructor. That workshop costs $500.

Frankly, I've yet to hear anyone speak poorly about any of the various workshops; it's really a group of very dedicated and experienced operators who love to share their knowledge.

Good luck!

Robert Starling, SOC

Steadicam Owner / Operator

Las Vegas

Hi Robert:

Thank you for your detailed information. Where do they conduct the 2 day workshop. It would be great if you can help me with some potential web links. I apperciate your guidance and thanks again for the help.

Krishna

Where do they conduct the 2 day workshop. It would be great if you can help me with some potential web links. I apperciate your guidance and thanks again for the help.

They do the two-day workshops all over the country as well as the UK.

Go here:

The Steadicam Workshops

Robert Starling, SOC

Steadicam Owner Operator

Las Vegas

Hey Guys (Hey Robert, hows things going on your side of the world? Well done with the SOC!)

We run workshops here in Australia as well.

www.summerfilmschool.com also advertised on SOA website.

Theres still spaces in Janurary's school!

JP

Melboune Australia