Sekonic L-758DR digital master light meter

Can the Sekonic L-758DR digital master light meter be used when shooting motion picture film? Sekonic advertizes it as a light meter for digital photography, and offers the Cine version of the L-758 for filmmaking, but the Cine version is so much more expensive, and seems to just have features that I do not need at this point in time. I feel like the Digital master could work just fine with filmmaking. Can someone answer my question?

I have the cine version and although you should have the math in your head down so you can use a normal meter the cine does make things a lot easier - I think in addition to cine speeds/shutter angles it does a bit more in terms of FC, candela, Lumens output and wotnot which I am yet to play with... Best thing would be to download the manual and see for yourself.

When I got mine the price difference was no where near the difference there is now - go figure... I got mine from a Hong Kong based eBay seller - came through fine (and much cheaper than local price)

no reason it couldn't be used no...

Make sure you know if you are getting the wireless version or not - extra $$$ for something you dont need unless you have and work with the stills strobes that mate with it.

The specs for the DR dont mention filter compensation functions either - I use them often, very handy - but again, if you know your Log2 inside out then you wont need it :blink: ;)

If you're not prepared to fork out for the cine version then I'd consider another cheaper non-cine model as the DR is kitted out to the max for digital still professionals, with its USB exposure profiling and wotnot (can be used for film yes, but its a hassle programming it) - you'd be paying for stuff you wont use, the cine version alleviates this offset a little ... at the right price of course...