Video Assist for Kinor16CX-2M

max sacker

I saw some articles here a while back about building video assists for the Krasnogorsk.

I now need to build a video assist for my Kinor16CX-2M and am having trouble focusing

my security camera on the ground glass. All I see is a small speck of an image, and

my assumption is I need to put some kind accurately calculated lens in front of this camera.

Any DIY video tap builders here that can give me detailed instructions on what to do?

Would appreciate that!

Max

All I see is a small speck of an image, and my assumption is I need to put some kind accurately calculated lens in front of this camera.

What kind of c/cs mount lens are you using? Ideally it should be either an 8mm fixed lens or 3-8mm zoom lens, and in both cases it should have manual focus/aperture...

• 2 months later...
What kind of c/cs mount lens are you using? Ideally it should be either an 8mm fixed lens or 3-8mm zoom lens, and in both cases it should have manual focus/aperture...

Hmmm yeah I definitely bought the wrong lens. I've been looking online and can't seem to find the right lens. Either it's auto iris or needs a huge camera attached to it. Can you recommend a good lens and camera module that I could use as a video assist for the Kinor? It shouldn't weigh too much because I'm right on the brink of my weight limit on my glidecam.

Would REALLY appreciate any tips on this.

Thanks.

Max

You'll probably just need to troll Ebay; I did a cursory search and found this but it's way too pricey...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-Cosmicar-8-48mm...ksid=p1638.m118

You should be able to find a proper manual focus/manual iris 8mm lens for under $30 on Ebay but it's going to take time.

However, just sticking a miniDV camera over the viewfinder can also work and might open up more possibilities. Check out the 16mm thread and the guy who did that custom job with the Scoopic...

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=27593

You could probably find a busted cheep miniDV camera that can't record but has a functioning flip out monitor and lens and have that as a dedicated video tap. From there, you'd just need to rig up something to fasten it to the camera (probably from Home Depot methinks) and you're in business.

I saw some articles here a while back about building video assists for the Krasnogorsk.

I now need to build a video assist for my Kinor16CX-2M and am having trouble focusing

my security camera on the ground glass.

At first, you need answer, what type of video assistance you need.

This can be type " video assistance with viewfinder " or " video assistance instead of viewfinder.".

If you need video assistance with viewfinder, you need replace of mirror at original viewfinder on semi-transparent glass and attach of CCD camera with additional optical system.

The semi-transparent mirror will divide light on two ways, on CCD camera and viewfinder.

If you wish choose of second version of video assistance instead of viewfinder, you need take away of viewfinder ( or part ) and install of CCD camera with lens.

I can recommend of a few poins of installation of CCD camera. The one point set from left side of body of Kinor, instead of viewfinder. You need unscrew of two screws of lock of viewfinder, take away of viewfinder and install of CCD camera with lens near hole on body.

CCD camera must have iris control and focus control of lens for adjust of sharpness.

The lens must be adjust near " infinity " or " long distance.

The next point installation of CCD camera with lens - on tube until of prism of viewfinder.

I must underline, the tube until of prism of viewfinder have lens inside and you will need choose of correct additional lens for CCD camera.

The next point installation of CCD camera -the body of prism, after prism.

The next point - on tube of eye with ring of eye correction.

Any case, all this points of CCD camera installation need detailed studing and choose of best.

And not need forger about image inversion after prism inside body of camera, prism inside of viewfinder and mirror inside viewfinder.

From my experiense of build CCD viedeo assistance of Eclair ACL camera, need use CCD camera with high sensitivity, and lens with manual aperture control.

I use color CCD with sensitivity of 0.01 Lux.