planning to direct, act, edit a regional film

Guest arin

Guest Arun Rudra

Hello Everyone

This might seem to sound little impossible or may be really impossible but my confidence says i can do it.

I am fresh to this field but yet i feel i have knowledge in film making. I dont know where to start but i am planning to produce, direct, act, edit a film myself. I started to write the script first.

I have already done with 3/4 of the script.I felt now it is the time to gain knowledge on the cameras, the editing,acting. I am practicing a couple of scenes.

Coming to the cameras I dont have any knowledge on this. I dont know what is fps, what are the settings etc.etc.. What i know is press record and stop. load into the computer and start some editing work ( which i should learn now. I downloaded the adobe premier) and do some post production and convert into 35mm or 70mm and play on silver screens.

Is this the regular process what they do?? [ am i going in the right way].

Please help me with your advices and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Arun

If its going to be a big project, probably best to assign yourself one role.

I'm saying this coz you'll end up checking yourself into a mental hospital by the end.

Finds some books about film making to give you a better idea on the process involved before you start shooting or sign up to short courses mainly to find people who would be interested in helping you out.