Angenieux 9.5-57mm zoom

Joshua Dannais

Does anybody know what the widest T-stop is for this lens? If I'm not mistaken, this lens opens to a fairly wide F-stop. My question is would I be able to use this lens for a low light situation? I know a good prime would be ideal, but I need something in a CA-1 mount or C mount (Eclair NPR). Any recommendations for a rental house that might have something like this in the Los Angeles area, a length of around 8mm?

thanks

-Joshua

Does anybody know what the widest T-stop is for this lens? If I'm not mistaken, this lens opens to a fairly wide F-stop. My question is would I be able to use this lens for a low light situation? I know a good prime would be ideal, but I need something in a CA-1 mount or C mount (Eclair NPR). Any recommendations for a rental house that might have something like this in the Los Angeles area, a length of around 8mm?

thanks

-Joshua

Hi Joshua,

I think they were T1.9...... but check on that. They were a very good lens for the time. I bought a few of them for the UCLA film school and was impressed by their performance. There are always a few on ebay at what seems like a good price.

Chuck

Hi Joshua,

I think they were T1.9...... but check on that. They were a very good lens for the time. I bought a few of them for the UCLA film school and was impressed by their performance. There are always a few on ebay at what seems like a good price.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, Do you know how they do wide open?

That lens is excellent, probably the best of the older Angenieux. It's small in size, but has variable aperture. It's T1.9 only till about 12mm, and by 57mm it becomes T2.5. Like all zooms, it's better stoped down 2-3 stops. I think there is an HEC version of this lens.

Edited by Mike Rizos

I have the HEC version; T 1.8 untill 12.....

Agree with Mike bes performance stopped down a bit. Focuses to 2' at all focal lengths, a plus over Zeiss 10-100.

(thinking of selling mine btw, but would prefer to package with my Arri S).

-Sam