Any examples of directors putting their politics into Corman films?

• Premium Member

It seems to me that I read that when Roger Corman was producing many movies

at low budgets with long hours and shared sets from other movies; he had a sort

of freedom for directors. As long as they got the job done on time and on budget,

if not faster and cheaper, and also as long as the film contained whatever obligatory

topless/fight scenes were requisite for the drive-in crowds; the directors were fairly

free to inject whatever subtexts or polemical spins they wanted.

I've heard that many fast directors used this to their advantages but I'm wondering if

anybody can give any examples of this in either Corman films or even any other films,

whether with permission or hijacked by the director.

Thanks.

Read Rodger's How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime! Corman is my hero. The ONLY thing negative you could possible say is he would only risk shooting up to a certain budget because he was using his own money...if that's REALLY a negative. This guy is a genius in the truest sense of the word and you can learn a LOT from this book. B)

• Premium Member
Read Rodger's How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime! Corman is my hero. The ONLY thing negative you could possible say is he would only risk shooting up to a certain budget because he was using his own money...if that's REALLY a negative. This guy is a genius in the truest sense of the word and you can learn a LOT from this book. B)

Cool, thanks!