Anyone selling a Beaulieu R16?

Jian Cyrus Farhoumand

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone is seeling an R16 in good condition. I've been watching them on eBay and they seem to range from $100 to $700 and I can't see why some are so much more expensive than others. (They are all at least second-hand). Also, from what I've heard, these cameras are almost impossible to upgrade to Super 16, so they are all Standard 16, right? So what makes one R16 so much better than another? (Other than condition.)

Also, what do you think is a fair price to pay for one of these puppies? And what are the things I should be looking out for when buying one off the net, rather than in person where I can test it out?

Thankyou.

Jian.

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone is seeling an R16 in good condition. I've been watching them on eBay and they seem to range from $100 to $700 and I can't see why some are so much more expensive than others. (They are all at least second-hand). Also, from what I've heard, these cameras are almost impossible to upgrade to Super 16, so they are all Standard 16, right? So what makes one R16 so much better than another? (Other than condition.)

Also, what do you think is a fair price to pay for one of these puppies? And what are the things I should be looking out for when buying one off the net, rather than in person where I can test it out?

Thankyou.

Jian.

Hi Jan,

This is not aimed at you personally, but there seems to be more and more very lazy posts on this great forum, and questions asked that have a long history of answers and points of view if you'd only punch "search", and other places too. The net is not an answering service.

Good luck with your new R16; why go S16 anyway?

Most humbly yours,

Marc.

• Premium Member
Hi Jan,

This is not aimed at you personally, but there seems to be more and more very lazy posts on this great forum, and questions asked that have a long history of answers and points of view if you'd only punch "search", and other places too. The net is not an answering service.

Good luck with your new R16; why go S16 anyway?

Most humbly yours,

Marc.

True, but encouraging and welcoming anyone interested in film will benefit us all. Give your opinion on the camera then point him on a search... Just my opinion.