film walking

Ralph Tabith

• Premium Member
i am going to be wandering around a hot country with my 16mm film in my peli case, maybe at a stretch of a couple of months at a time while shooting...should i be worried about any deterioration in this time scale? thanks

Hot wet or hot dry?

If it's hot dry, no worries.

If it's hot wet, I would at least toss some dessicant packets in the case. Otherwise the film emulsion may become sticky and do odd things. Might even peel off the base if it's hot enough and wet enough for a long enough time, I'm not entirely sure.

Hot wet or hot dry?

If it's hot dry, no worries.

If it's hot wet, I would at least toss some dessicant packets in the case. Otherwise the film emulsion may become sticky and do odd things. Might even peel off the base if it's hot enough and wet enough for a long enough time, I'm not entirely sure.

im actually going to south side of india up to nepal, but it isnt rainy season there at this time, so i think i might get one of those moisture sachets things - thanks

A couple of ice packs may help if it is really hot, as well as not carrying them around in a black case, as black absorbs heat, but try not to put ice packs in a place where evaporating water vapor can get to the film.

• Premium Member
A couple of ice packs may help if it is really hot, as well as not carrying them around in a black case, as black absorbs heat, but try not to put ice packs in a place where evaporating water vapor can get to the film.

I don't know about icepacks. Ice creates condensation.