Nikon x8 super zoom questions.

Eran Solomon

Hey Everyone!

I just got the Nikon 8x super zoom camera.

I dont have the filter key but as older posts said , I should improvise somthing with a palstic card maybe. the problem is when I insert it , nothing happens. I just hear a minimal click (like I touched a piece of metal.) and thats it.

Im going to use Tri-X b&w film which is 200asa. any settings I should use the cam with ?

Also , is the auto light meter really "auto" ? can I just put it on auto and start shooting , or is the light meter only plays an indicator part? (see what it offers and then set it manually..).

and last question (but just as important), I take the camera , zoom all the way , use the split focus helper to make vertical lines be stright (focus), but throuth the viewfinder I still see a blurred image..!

Even the numbers at the upper of the viewfinder (exposures) are blurred .. anyone have any idea why is this happening?

Also If I zoom all the way and use infinity distance on the focus ring , I see objects that are close (2-4 meter) pretty sharp.

Thanks in advance to all repliers\helpers!!

-Eran-

Hey Everyone!

I just got the Nikon 8x super zoom camera.

I dont have the filter key but as older posts said , I should improvise somthing with a palstic card maybe. the problem is when I insert it , nothing happens. I just hear a minimal click (like I touched a piece of metal.) and thats it.

The minimal click is probably all you should hear. To check that you have done it right, open the film compartment, and look through the gate as you run the camera. You should see the image go slightly orange when you remove the key and it should go clear when you insert the key.

Im going to use Tri-X b&w film which is 200asa. any settings I should use the cam with ?

Filter will be disengaged with Tri-X regardless of what you do with key.

Also , is the auto light meter really "auto" ? can I just put it on auto and start shooting , or is the light meter only plays an indicator part? (see what it offers and then set it manually..).

You can put it in auto and shoot but the aperture may/will change mid-shot as light changes. Assuming you don't want that, see what it offers and set it manually. Use an 18% gray card for the most accurate readings.

and last question (but just as important), I take the camera , zoom all the way , use the split focus helper to make vertical lines be stright (focus), but throuth the viewfinder I still see a blurred image..!

Even the numbers at the upper of the viewfinder (exposures) are blurred .. anyone have any idea why is this happening?

Also If I zoom all the way and use infinity distance on the focus ring , I see objects that are close (2-4 meter) pretty sharp..

You have the set the diopter (eyepiece). Notice how it turns (and can be locked with a little lock ring). Adjust this to make the information in the vewfinder (circle in middle, aperture numbers) as sharp as you can. It is now calibrated for your eye. Everyone would set it diffferently.

Good luck

Rick