Kodak After Hours

Alessandro Machi

• Premium Member

I came across a Kodak phone number that allows one to order film after hours and even have it shipped on the next available plane to wherever you might be filming. I presume this is for either 35mm Kodak film or 16mm Kodak film.

1-800-404-2016

During regular Kodak hours this 800 phone number rolls over to Kodak's regular film order phone line, but after hours it can be used to replenish film supplies on relatively short notice.

I wonder if thos service also includes Kodak Super-8 film? As cost prohibitive as that may seem, the super-8 film wouldn't weigh that much so maybe the overnight shipping costs wouldn't be that much?

Kodak has a special relationship with one of one of the express shipping companies. It can be prohibitively expensive for small productions, but it can also save you. Much better to plan ahead, though it is nice to have the safety net.

By the way, it's called "kodak shootsaver"

• Premium Member
Kodak has a special relationship with one of one of the express shipping companies. It can be prohibitively expensive for small productions, but it can also save you. Much better to plan ahead, though it is nice to have the safety net.

By the way, it's called "kodak shootsaver"

I like the term "Kodak After Hours" as well. But for accuracy sake, Kodak Shootsaver it is. While it always makes sense to buy extra film and avoid last second ordering, I wonder if there are situations where a Kodak Shootsaver can actually save money versus overordering film from the getgo.

Anyone have a "Kodak Shootsaver" story to share? And will they ship Super-8? If they do ship Super-8, is the next flight out shipment weight based?