Has anyone use the Mitchell 1200 foot mag on a CP here?

Matt Pacini

I got a pristine condition 1200 foot mag, and started fantasizing about saving loads of cash using 33 minute loads, saving reload times on film shoots, and easier editing ...

but it won't fit on my camera because the box for the video tap sticks up just a bit too far, and unfortunately, my regular camera mod genius Paul Hillman appears not to be interested in modifying this.

So I'm wondering; before I go to the trouble to find someone else to do this, are there any downsides to using one of these? (other than obviously, it's BIG!)

Is the stock that much cheaper in 1200 foot loads?

Matt Pacini

I got a pristine condition 1200 foot mag, and started fantasizing about saving loads of cash using 33 minute loads, saving reload times on film shoots, and easier editing ...

but it won't fit on my camera because the box for the video tap sticks up just a bit too far, and unfortunately, my regular camera mod genius Paul Hillman appears not to be interested in modifying this.

So I'm wondering; before I go to the trouble to find someone else to do this, are there any downsides to using one of these? (other than obviously, it's BIG!)

Is the stock that much cheaper in 1200 foot loads?

Matt Pacini

Can you still buy those loads?

If I remember right the video tap mounted on top of the front of the body. If you didn't have one there was a little cover plate that mounted flush to the surface and held down with four screws. Shouldn't be much to removing the video tap and even if you don't have the plate you could use a bit of cardboard and some tape.

Edited by chuck colburn

Can you still buy those loads?

If I remember right the video tap mounted on top of the front of the body. If you didn't have one there was a little cover plate that mounted flush to the surface and held down with four screws. Shouldn't be much to removing the video tap and even if you don't have the plate you could use a bit of cardboard and some tape.

I don't want to remove the video tap!

Mine isn't a stock CP video tap, it's a mod, and it's about a 2 inch cube that sits atop the place where that plate you refer to formerly sat.

My thoughts were to modify this with a smaller box, IF that would even work.

I don't have the guts to take it off, because I'm not sure if it would screw up the alignment of the video camera, etc.

Quite a dilemma.

I haven't put a lot of effort into looking for the larger film loads, but I did notice 800 foot loads.

Matt Pacini