Ty Paddington's camera???

Ray Gonzales

Does anyone have any idea what kind of camera Ty Paddington from Extreme Makover Home Edition uses for his handheld hijinnks???

Forgive me if this is in the wrong posting location... please move it if u need to Mods. :unsure:

it's a little tiny 3ccd panasonic with a wide angle lense on it...i couldn't tell ya the model number though. i've used it here and there as something a client slaps into my hand and throws me into the middle of something dangerous, like a nascar track wreck...it's great for when you don't want to die filming something ENG style...

• Premium Member

I don't know what Paddington uses, but for really extreme stuff, look up the Iconix camera. It's 1/3" HD, C-mount, and the whole camera fits in a coffee cup. Of course it has to be wired to an offboard recorder, but you could do a Santa POV down the chimney with this thing.

http://www.iconixvideo.com/

-- J.S.

Thanks for the feedback guys!! The fact that the camera he uses is 3ccd is pretty cool! And yes.. it is very tiny, but substantial enough to mount a mini shotgun mic onto. The 3ccds explains how he gets broadcast quality shots out of it... which is something I was wondering about.

Anyways... time to start diggin :lol: *runs off to research camera*