Stocks for Blue Screen

Does anyone have general information on which stocks from either Kodak or Fuji do well with blue screen work? I will be shooting a short film whose majority will be in front of blue screen. I will shoot the plates that will replace the blue screen.

Any suggestions on a brand or speed?

Thanks!

Well, Kodak used to have a stock, I think it was SFX or FX 200T that they recommended for all of their bluescreen work because the color channels were "cleaner" than their usual stocks. They discontinued it though, and now claim all of their stocks have good characteristics for blue screen. IDK about Fuji. I'd say that, since they don't' have a dedicated blue screen stock (not sure if they did at one time or not), they probably make a similar claim.

I've never shot blue-screen plates myself, so take this with a grain of salt ;) I'm sure there are stocks that do better for blue screen than others. I'd assume you probalby want to use a tungsten stock, and not the expression, so probably Vision2 200T would be best for this sort of shooting.

Vision 2 200T 5217/7217 is the best call for blue or green screen work... not sure what fuji recommends, but on a recent show (i was shooting fuji), the VFX supervisor asked to have the plate work done on the 17... it was no problem mixing the stocks (we finished HD). Everything intercut fine.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal