super8arena.com

Kevin Olmsted

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you all know that I noticed super8arena.com went online, I think a few weeks ago. He used to have a store on eBay but I never ordered from him. I periodically would go to the website referenced on the eBay listings but there was just a user/pass request so I guess he has been building the site, but now it is online in all its glory.

I have ordered from him previously when he sold on ebay, I believe under the name 'Neovaron', and had a pleasant experience and was happy with the camera I got. The super8arena.com site is very nice looking and well organized with very good photos of the cameras. It is similar to super8camera-shop.com with selection of merchandise and methods of payment but a bit more polished.

Anyway, I just placed an order with super8arena so I will let you know how it goes. Time of delivery, quality of product and accuracy of description, etc.

Anybody buy from him when he was on eBay as either name?

Edited by Kevin Olmsted

• Premium Member

Hi Kevin, good to see you back here B)

I had a look at super8arena.com, and must say they look as trust-inspiring as the super8camera-shop.com.

Both have a very good selection of gear with the right emphasis on quality, and they also feature the right choice of useful accessories. They certainly seem to put effort into their e-commerce business and the gear they sell.

I guess if I would start new with building a Super 8 equipment and wants top gear for the format, I personally would probably shop there to get already CLA'd equipment. It might be more expensive regarding the initial price demanded, but I think sending a somewhere-else bought camera in for CLA will lead in the end to a similar total price.

I would love to hear from people's shopping experiences with those two sellers. After all, to know where to get good gear is the starting point to put your filmic ideals into reality (i.e. shoot'em)

• 2 weeks later...

Super 8 Arena is excellent. I had a really good experience with him a few months ago. I highly recommend buying from there-- Can't say enough good things about the purchase.

Get the express shipping for a few dollars more-- my Nizo got here in less than 5 working days from Germany-- fantastic. He has alot of stuff we don't find much in the U.S.-- A great resource. Great photos, too.

I haven't gotten my order yet but I didn't get the express shipping. I normally do on overseas orders but this time I was thinking about saving money; in the end it wasn't a big jump in price and I should have done it. I'm glad someone else here hada good experience.

They do have exceptional photos on ther site.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update...

I got my order yesterday morning. Everything was in perfect order. Everything was well-packed and exactly as described. They have nice large, clear photos on the site so you know what your getting but it's always nice to open the box at everything meets or exceeds your expectations.

The shipment took a little longer than expected but it was the holiday season so I wasn't surprised or upset.

I recieved excellent communication from them in regards to the progress of my order throughout and even got an concerned e-mail from them when it hadn't shown any tracking progress on usps.com's woefully poor site. Many thanks to Mr Bigaj and the super8arena folks on some very excellent service. He is a credit to the Super 8 community.

Keep in mind I didn't get express shipping but here's how my order went:

I placed the order on Dec 12. It was dispatched by super8arena on Dec 13, the next day. According to the usps.com site it arrived 'on the dock' to be sent to the US on Dec 15. That's where the information stops. I just checked the usps site and it still says the box is sitting in Germany somewhere, waiting to be sent here!

This is normal for my experiences with usps. I don't know if I don't use the site properly or if it is as bad as I think but it's never had the detailed tracking that FedEx or UPS has.

The package is sent out by Deutsche Post and the tracking number is carried over to usps when I guess they take possesion of it. The number registers on the usps site but doesn't update very well. I can't say I completely understand the process. If anyone on the forums living across the pond (or in the US) that can explain the process, it would be very welcome.

You should get your package soon. Remember 'holiday shopping season' extends well into January nowadays so that might cause a delay. Let us know when you get your package.

Cheers,

Kevin

• Premium Member

I can vouch for Super8Arena.

I bought a Nizo from them about a year ago on ebay, had a minor problem with the time lapse function.

Sent it back and received a replacement very efficiently.