Arri SR1 accessories

tanner wolfe

i'm shooting a project with the SR1 soon. the lens on the camera isn't very good. i know it is a long shot to find a rental house that carries anything for this camera, but i thought that i'd ask. does anyone know of a vendor that carries any accessories for this camera? thanks.

tanner

It would help if you mentioned where you are located.

The standard lens mount for the Arri SR-1 is an Arri Bayonette, which can also accept the old Arri stnadard lenses. It is possible that the mount has been changed to the more modern Arri PL, but that usually only happens on these old cameras when they are converted to Super-16, so the odds are that it is still Arri Bayo. If there are a couple of squeeze tabs on either side of the lens mount and with the body cap removed you see a circle with two little squares on either side, then you have an Arri Bayo mount.

There are many rental houses that have lenses that are either in Arri Bayo or can be switched to Arri Bayo. The company I work for, Abel Cine Tech, has many lenses that we can supply in Arri Bayo. We're in New York and LA, but I don't know if that is helpful to you.