My first feature

I recently received a rough cut of the first feature I shot a few months back called "A Time for the Heart" I really enjoy seeing peoples work here so I pulled some shots that I liked and put them together at

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/30/333737/ATFTH.mov

This was a low/no budget shoot but Im pretty happy with some of the footage. This is not a trailer

Enjoy,

andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Andrew,

Congratulations! There are some nice shots in there. I'm not familiar with the story line, (guessing a past-present theme, wildly guessing: time travel?) I like the opening exterior scene with the couple (however, some bogeys in the background jump out at me). I really like the two CUs of the female lead (w/ red and green backgrounds). Great job.

I'm always fascinated by no-/micro-budget productions--especially when a DP is asked to create an atmosphere. What camera and grip packages did you use? Jib? Lighting?

Take care and good luck!

tm

Hey thanks for the response. I appreciate the comments. The camera was an XL2 and there really wasnt much of a g&e package available. I had 3or 4 c-stands and my biggest lights were 2-1Ks. I used Black cardboard for flags and i had a couple of bead boards. I had 2 kino flo like units made and a piece of wood with 6 bulb sockets that i could wrap a white sheet around to make something soft. The CU's of the girl were in the directors house and I was able to convince him to paint the walls. There was only a couple of crew members, and they all had day jobs. One of the crew members was an engineer of some sort and actually made the jib himself which worked well. Most of it was finding a location and shooting at the time of day that it looked good. Believe me, there are shots that don't look so great as well. All things considered though I was pretty happy.

thanks,

andrew