BEAULIEUE 4008 FOR SALE

Paul James Savarese

Several months ago I bought the Pro8mm Classic (pro8mm.com) This camera is remarkable and I absolutely love it and hate the fact that I must sell it. Go to the site to get the full specs.

Classic Pro (Beaulieue 4008)

The Classic Pro is the super 8 camera of choice by industry professionals for its ease of use and durability. Now available in the new MAX 8 format for widescreen. The Classic Pro camera has been redesigned by our highly skilled technicians to meet the demands of individuals who have professional filmmaking aspirations. The Classic Pro has a solid metal design and gearing suited to provide years of trouble free filming making it the most reliable Super 8 camera around. A variety of options, accessories and lenses are available.

Max 8 format - widened gate - repositioined len

Crystal Sync Control 24fps

Interchangeable C-mount lens capacity

Variable filming speeds from 2 to 70 fps

Angenieux 8-64mm f/1.9 manual zoom

Internal exposure indicator

NiCad C-cell battery pack

5 Hr. charger

Fitted pelican case

Eyecup

Metal lens covers (front and back)

I will throw in a sekonic analog light meter and 1 roll of pro8mm film - $200 value.

I love super 8 and I love film but I need to shoot tons of footage everyday which can become costly, so I am going dv. I know, traitor right? I have only used this camera once and can assure you it is just as I bought it. The camera was literally born 3 months ago. So how much you ask, well for everything: $3,000.00 That's $500 less than the retail price, not including the light meter and film! If you're interested please email me: Paulyc44@aol.com.

Hurry before I change my mind again.

Have you not tried ebay?, $3000 is a bit steep for a Beaulieu 4008, even with such an overhaul. I'd hang on to it, you may not get your money back, it's more likely you could only sell it at half the price.

It sells retail for $3,500.00 and it's really brand spankin' new. I tried to sell it back to Pro 8 buttheir offer was way unfair. U am also throwing in a $200.00 light meter and just thought I'd put it out there for any budding super 8 enthusiasts. I would really want somone who really appreciates this kind of equipment to buy it. I tried to sell it on Ebay once and almost got scammed by some chump from Nigeria. Just taking a shot at it. Thanks for the advice though!

Guest Glenn Brady

While your camera has the MAX-8 modification and crystal sync, these enhancements, in my view, are hardly worth the thousands charged by Pro8mm. Features that some users find desirable have even been removed from the Pro8mm cameras, and the Angénieux 8x8B lens is not the best lens ever fitted to the 4008 series Beaulieu cameras. A fully serviced, mint or near mint condition 4008 ZM II camera with the 6-66mm f/1.8 Optivaron lens can be gotten for less than $1.0K, so you'll need to be very persuasive to sell your camera for anything near what you paid for it. If I had $3.0K to spend on a motion picture camera, I wouldn't be looking at Super 8.

While your camera has the MAX-8 modification and crystal sync, these enhancements, in my view, are hardly worth the thousands charged by Pro8mm. Features that some users find desirable have even been removed from the Pro8mm cameras, and the Angénieux 8x8B lens is not the best lens ever fitted to the 4008 series Beaulieu cameras. A fully serviced, mint or near mint condition 4008 ZM II camera with the 6-66mm f/1.8 Optivaron lens can be gotten for less than $1.0K, so you'll need to be very persuasive to sell your camera for anything near what you paid for it. If I had $3.0K to spend on a motion picture camera, I wouldn't be looking at Super 8.

Duly noted.