remote head advice??

Bobby Shore

I have a music video shoot coming up and a large part will be shot on stage with a felix crane that I'd like to outfit with a remote head. I've never used one before (kinda nervous), and for the space and moves we're looking to get, the smaller the head the better (there's one move in particular that needs to push the camera along the ground between several pairs of legs, so the lower the camera can get to the ground, the better as well)

We'll be using a F900 outfitted with a p+s techniks 35mm adapter. Any advice, opinions, would be more than welcome. Thanks for your help.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

I have a music video shoot coming up and a large part will be shot on stage with a felix crane that I'd like to outfit with a remote head. I've never used one before (kinda nervous), and for the space and moves we're looking to get, the smaller the head the better (there's one move in particular that needs to push the camera along the ground between several pairs of legs, so the lower the camera can get to the ground, the better as well)

We'll be using a F900 outfitted with a p+s techniks 35mm adapter. Any advice, opinions, would be more than welcome. Thanks for your help.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

Not knowing the shot exactly (re: legs), it sounds more like a low-mode Steadicam shot or a dolly with a Weaver-Steadman instead of a crane/remote head.

Otherwise, something like a PowerPod has support on just one side so it doesn't have the wide profile that some other remote heads do. And you can get pretty low. If you need to be skimming the ground, you could always rig a prism too. Just a thought. Good luck!