Batterypack for the 4008 or 5008

Emil Soderman

So realized that posting in the other thread where i posted this might not be the best thing really.

So ill post it here insted, hope it can be atleast somewhat informative.

So these are a few pics of the Batterypack we tryed out for the 4008 and the 5008 although it was never really used on the 4008 ZM since that one was in need of service (Something we only noticed when we tryed to run film through it, the motor didint really have the power to pull the film which a talk whit Bjorn confirmed, to bad we didint have time to service it then)

So the batterypack was used along whit the 5008 MS insted, which we wore pleased to see already was modified to take an XLR connector whit power for it. Which looked lika alot simpler modification then to the 4008!

So the pics of the 4008 is a crued prototype to test it out.

Soldering directly to the pins doesnt work though unless you maybe grind them down to expose some roughed up metal.

Insted we used clamps under the tests of the camera. If thats the right word for it.

But we might buy this 4008 anyway and get it serviced and then build a new and improved Batterypack for it.

I say we because i can't take the full credit, or rather blame for this mod :lol:

The XLR connector is taped together due to a solder breaking during a shoot so we had to resolder it on location.

(Dont wire it so the solders can brake against the plastic XLR protectiv cover!)

Hope this can help atleast someone in designing ther own betterypack!

post-26194-1200455225.jpg

post-26194-1200455239.jpg

• Premium Member

Hi Emil, and thanks for making the effort twice ( :) ) to post this. I very much appreciate it.

Thanks also for leading us through the entire construction, which is very nice of you as I am not an electrician and hence only see cables and cases on the pics. But with your description, I can see how all this actually comes together to form a working unit!

I gather this system is really more suited for the less hidden battery contacts on the handgrip on the Beaulieu 5008-series, as it looks really troublesome to connect the wired contacts to the metal hook contacts in the 4008-series body.

Hey, I envy you for being "next-door" to Bjorn :D . That comes in very handy as a Beaulieu owner!

Hi gary, im not sure what you mean to be honest.

The 4008 modification was never taken any further so its just like in the picture.

The 5008 on the otherhand was already modified to take an XLR connector.

Basicly the 5008 battery consists of 3 Pins which fits into 3 slots on the camera.

So you just solder those 3 slots together whit 3 cables leading to the three pins of an XLR connector, voila!

I dont have the 5008 anymore so i cant show any picturs of it im afraid.

Yeah the 4008 is abit more difficult, but ive seen a few good mods that should work just as good!

Okay, I understand now. thank you, gary

Hi gary, im not sure what you mean to be honest.

The 4008 modification was never taken any further so its just like in the picture.

The 5008 on the otherhand was already modified to take an XLR connector.

Basicly the 5008 battery consists of 3 Pins which fits into 3 slots on the camera.

So you just solder those 3 slots together whit 3 cables leading to the three pins of an XLR connector, voila!

I dont have the 5008 anymore so i cant show any picturs of it im afraid.

Yeah the 4008 is abit more difficult, but ive seen a few good mods that should work just as good!