Chroszeil dimmensions question

Michael Collier

I NEED DIMMENSIONS TO THE SQUARE THAT THE WHIP INTERFACES WITH IN THE CHROSZIEL FF QUICK!!!!

----read below for more info---

Its less than 48 hours before first slate on my next short as DP, and as always, it feels like everythings falling appart (though today I did overcome some big trouble spots and we are probably better off than I let myself think)

Heres the one that has me worried now:

We have steadycam on both days (we shoot sat and sun this weekend and every weekend for about a month) We can't get a real wireless follow for this, so I built my own. Its a simple modified RC car controller setup, and it works pretty good, in theory. Now that I have that built I need to integrate it into the chrosziel follow focus that we will be working with.

I figure mouting wise, easiest thing is to use a maffer clamp (since i don't have anything smaller that would work better) to attach to the bottom of the rails, or follow focus base itself, depending on clearance, and just bolt a plate to that that holds the servo, reciever and batteries.

I don't have access to the follow focus until friday. So I need to know the dimmension of the follow focus attachment, so I can build the addaptor that integrates the servo to the FF, hopefully tonight. I just need to know how big that square should be, and how deep.

OR

If you can think of an easy way to make an adjustable servo horn that can integrate directly with the FF that would be great.

I am worried about this since, everything else thats been churning my stomach today got solved, now I got this to give me ulcers over (I always find something to have stage fright over the day before). Without FF, a steadycam is pretty useless, so I need it to work from day 1. if anyone has dimmensions and can post that, it would be a big help. thanks for reading such a long post. check back next week, I'll have a production journal with pictures up so you can see the wireless follow in action.

• Premium Member

The connection on my whip measures just under a half inch. I would guess 7/16 of an inch but I don't have anything particularly precise around to measure better for you. It is square with somewhat rounded corners.

Thanks Chris. I will be getting the FF today. I just got the camera last night, I'm getting the matte box/rails in an hour...its been like christmas over here.

I suppose the rounded edges makes it hard to measure as well. I think what I will do is just take the FF to a hobby store, and paruse their stock section and find a good hardy wood (not balsa, but the kind they use to build engine mounts for RC planes and such) and just find a good square length that I can then wittle down to the propper fit (hopefully just by rounding the edges.) then gluing that with AC glue or epoxy onto the servo horn. I think I'll make a few just incase the first one breaks.