Removing blue from 7212

I am running 7212 (Kodak 100T) for a few scenes that will force me to use daylight sources (due to budget). If I were to use an 85 filter this would bring my speed to 64. To avoid this loss in speed, I was thinking of just timing out blue during the charts process, however, I am concerned about the effect this will have on integrity of my image.

Will simply removing blue in the timing process cause an error in skin tones? Will it effect the sharpness and/or clarity of the image? Will it cause the grain to become noisier? Will there be an inflexibility of the film's color rendering when I go through the DI process?

I should have tested this during my camera tests...it just didn't cross my mind to test it.

Thanks for viewing my questions!

• Premium Member
You should be fine. You lose a little skintone saturation and there is a tendency to cause the image to be slightly brownish once you add back the missing warmth, but it's pretty close to normal.

Along these lines, in The Boxer there were some scenes that were blue for the effect of conveying

the climate and feelings in the story. I believe that in that film, they simply shot tungsten stock

outdoors without an 85.

They may have still done some tweaking; I don't know. The scenes had a blue tint but the effect was

more of a feeling of bleakness than of a blue world.

I'm curious, if you knew that you wanted a blueish look to a scene would you do it this way or shoot

it with correction and then adjust it in post?