Jibs/Cranes for Panasonic DVX

Camera

I'm shooting a short film in a couple months and wanted to look into jib/crane rentals. I have a very small budget and limited shooting time, so I'm looking for a jib/crane that's inexpensive to rent and easy to operate. Does anyone have any information about the ProAm Camera Crane? Or can anyone suggest something better to use?

• Premium Member
I'm shooting a short film in a couple months and wanted to look into jib/crane rentals. I have a very small budget and limited shooting time, so I'm looking for a jib/crane that's inexpensive to rent and easy to operate. Does anyone have any information about the ProAm Camera Crane? Or can anyone suggest something better to use?

The Glidecam Camcrane is great for the DVX100. It can hold up to 25lb. camera at max. height, easy to set

up and really affordable, especially if you have a tripod that you can use for it's base (so you don't have to

buy one) plus you can pull the head off of the tripod and use it on the crane.

The price will go up considerably if you get the remote controls but it's easy to do most camera operating

with an arm off of the fluid head and maybe stepping up or down on a couple of apple boxes or something.

Check it out. It's really nice. Should be able to get one for around $450.00 without tripod

and weights (cheap, just buy some at a sporting goods store and tripod.)

Glidecam Camcrane 200

A tripod mounted, boom-arm, camera crane system designed to allow you to smoothly boom your camera up and down, and move your camera in an infinite number of 360 degree arcs. The Camcrane 200 is the most affordable and versatile crane of its type on the market today.