mixing real location bg shots with green screen bg shots in a same scene

srsaat

hello everyone,

Very soon i am going to do a project. In which i have a seq of clif jumping. What we planned to do is close ups , mid shot, mid long shot are all doing in real location background. In foreground we planned to put a set of 10 ft. hight clif.

Long shots, extreme long shots and motion control move of extreme top angle shots are all planned to do in set with green background.

but here foreground clif set hight gonna be 6 ft due to my shooting floor hight.

Here in general two clifs distance is going to be around 7ft. depth of the clif is what we are going to create in 3d like more and more depth.

so which is the best way to create this seq. look extordinary.

shoot all seq. inside the floor with green background

or

mixing the real location shots with green background shots.(in here i can able to finish my max. seq with real loc. itself )

what are all the do's and don'ts? (if u guys say both is ok )

what are all the lighting problems will arise?

so herewith i attached one shot of my clif seq. story board so u guys can clear what i m asking.

if i know the clear and perfect thought of this situation will somuch helpful for me.

thanks in advance,

srsaat.

post-369-1201835497.jpg

There is no reason why one could not mix green screen and actual location work. It is done everyday by filmmakers all over the world.

Just make sure your green screen shots match in terms of lighting and no one will know. well as long as it is done well that is. Or at least good enough.

Best

Tim