7384/7386 color positive film asa?

Before you worry about ASA, consider the processing of this film.

It's an obsolete version of Kodak's colour print stock. It has remjet backing, which needs to be removed during processing. The current print stock no longer has remjet, so the current process no longer includes the backing removal stages.

If a lab is so negligent as to put it through its normal process, there will be hell to pay as the backing will contaminate the machine.

If you find a lab that is willing to mix up the chemicals and fire up the backing removal stages once again, you will probably find that it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

Before you worry about ASA, consider the processing of this film.

It's an obsolete version of Kodak's colour print stock. It has remjet backing, which needs to be removed during processing. The current print stock no longer has remjet, so the current process no longer includes the backing removal stages.

If a lab is so negligent as to put it through its normal process, there will be hell to pay as the backing will contaminate the machine.

If you find a lab that is willing to mix up the chemicals and fire up the backing removal stages once again, you will probably find that it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

Hi!! thanx a lot for youre reply.

If a lab can process it.... what about ASA?

bye!

Treegan

• 5 years later...

Hi, I have some of this stock which I am using for colour print (as intended), but I can't work out how to process it. I tried a C-41 process on it and although it looks to be exposed roughly as I was expecting the whole roll is very green. Then I saw this thread, so tried removing the remjet in the same way that I would for colour neg (Borax pre-bath and rinse before the developer) and the borax solution came out of the tank very green, so I thought I had cracked it, but then the whole film was still green, and completely washed out, barely any images left in tact.

Can anyone tell me the correct processing stages for this stock? Will it work with C-41 chemistry at all? Should I be removing the remjet at another stage of the process? or with different chemistry than I would use on colour neg?

Thanks for any help

Stephen