My feature film shot on XL2

James Briggs

Hi Everyone

After buying my cam a year ago I came on here all panicked wondering whether I had brought the wrong cam, now after learning to use it, I?ve completed half of my first feature film with it. A lot of how it looked, which I know still isn?t perfect (and I?m sure I could have done things better!) was due to the help I got on this board so thought I would share it as a thank you.

You can see the 1st trailer (only just over a minute) at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKmofQA4apM

I know, the youtube qualities awful but once I?ve sorted out the second trailer if anyone?s interested I?ll upload both to my website (of which I really need to sort out!). But in the meantime I think you can get a feel for the shots and camera all the same. The films sadly on hold at the mo but I?m finalising 2 more feature film scripts which will hopefully be going into production in the next few months.

Feedback and suggestions welcome please : ) The trailer heavily features mid shots and close ups but the second trailer should incorporate more of the wide shots.

If any fellow filmmakers on youtube want to subscribe to my page I?ll be more than happy to check out your work as-well! Likewise if anyone?s kind enough to leave some helpful comments I?ll try and do the same. Lots more to come!

Thank you though to anyone who takes the time to check out Spikes world!

James

Hi James,

I enjoyed the trailer, wondering what the film is all about.

Can you tell me a bit about the lighting? I like the way the indoor faces are lit, nice texture and shadow, good dramatic effect. Are you using a 3-point system? I'd be interested to know what equipment your using, positioning, etc. How about outdoors?

So what's the narrative?

Thanks for posting!

MJ