930 deck, menu tweaks via firewire?

MatthewG

Hi all, and specifically Jan! I have a DVCPRO50 tape that has hot whites (+100) and somebody suggested I go into the 930 menu and pull down the video setting in the SYSTEM menu. Do/can these changes effect the firewire output or just composite/component/SDI?

I want to change the settings for the firewire output, but i am thinking that the firewire just reads the info straight off the tape, as is.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, and specifically Jan!  I have a DVCPRO50 tape that has hot whites (+100) and somebody suggested I go into the 930 menu and pull down the video setting in the SYSTEM menu.  Do/can these changes effect the firewire output or just composite/component/SDI?

I want to change the settings for the firewire output, but i am thinking that the firewire just reads the info straight off the tape, as is.

Hi,

First sorry for the delay, I have been out of the country on a Honeymoon. ;-) Paris, Tuscany, Amsterdam, nice.

Anyhow as Noah said, any corection you make will not affect the Firewire output, as it is leaving the deck before the proc amp, per se. I would say transfer and correct in the NLE.

Hope that helps,

Jan