SR3 with Glidecam V-25

Does anyone have experience flying an SR3 on the Glidecam V-25? The V-25 is apparently rated for 25 lbs.

I'll be using; Body, 400' loaded mag, Zeiss Superspeed (9.5, 16), Bartech Remote Focus (receiver and gear go on the camera). Is that under 25lbs? I'd like to add a clip-on mattebox with ND's if there's room, since we're shooting outside.

Also, since the SR3 is a 24v camera and the V-25 is built for 12v, how can these work together? The rental house tells me it's fine.

• Premium Member

An SR3 weighs about 15lbs with an empty mag and no lens. Super speeds are pretty light, as is the Bartech, so you should be fine.

Regarding the power issues. I always use the onboard battery with SR's. I prefer to use the battery because I like the extra weight because the SR's are pretty light. The onboard battery is probably 2 or 3 pounds, so that's something to consider, but you won't be able to use that sled with the camera unless you do heavy mods to your rig to make it 24 volts.

I would suggest you go to the prep and build and fly the rig there so that you are sure it will work. You don't want to get on set and find out that you can't fly the camera.

An SR3 weighs about 15lbs with an empty mag and no lens. Super speeds are pretty light, as is the Bartech, so you should be fine.

Regarding the power issues. I always use the onboard battery with SR's. I prefer to use the battery because I like the extra weight because the SR's are pretty light. The onboard battery is probably 2 or 3 pounds, so that's something to consider, but you won't be able to use that sled with the camera unless you do heavy mods to your rig to make it 24 volts.

I would suggest you go to the prep and build and fly the rig there so that you are sure it will work. You don't want to get on set and find out that you can't fly the camera.

Thanks for the info. So, an SR3 with a loaded mag and a Zeiss SS should be about 18 lbs, and the Bartech (receiver and gear) being about 1.5 lbs , it should total around 19.5 lbs? I almost feel like that leaves room for an onboard battery and a clip-on matte box.

However, I've heard from others that having the battery on the SR3 will be too heavy for the V-25. If so, is there a way to put the SR onboard battery on the sled somehow, and get some sort of cable to connect it to the camera? Or I've heard that "linking" the two 12V batteries at the bottom of the sled into one cable going up the center post could power the camera... is that possible?

Thanks again!