Finding Work

Dave Green

Well, as it would appear my next job's just gone pear shaped (Cult film sequel shoot called off) it's back to looking for work. :unsure:

Being new to the industry (only been involved for 18 months - I wish I'd discovered this work when I started working as a professional photographer 13 years ago), I'm struggling to find places that advertise jobs. It would appear that working on commercials is a good way of getting excellent experience but I'm damned if I know where to start getting trainee or assistant work in this area.

The sites I use at the moment are all the usual ones (Mandy, Talent Circle, UK Screen etc. I did use PB for a while but after close to two years only saw about three camera jobs advertised so gave up on that one). Can anyone suggest other avenues to persue?

Thanks,

• Premium Member

If you find any please tell me.

It has been particularly bad since the end of last year. I was on a fairly big Sky shoot a couple of weeks ago and found several people who were working in the industry for the first time this year. It's a bit of a desert right now.

If I didn't have a lot of strings to my bow I'd be drowning right now.

P

It has been particularly bad since the end of last year. I was on a fairly big Sky shoot a couple of weeks ago and found several people who were working in the industry for the first time this year. It's a bit of a desert right now.

P

That's right, it has been a desert since the start of 2008. I do however believe that it is all starting to pick up.

Dave,

Just a thought but how about phoning and emailing DP agencies and diaries.

Good luck mate!

Cheers

S

It's somewhat worrying how often I hear that.

I know what you mean. If I couldn't fail back on magazine work I'd be screwed. It's ironic how desperate people are to do that job when I'm doing everything in my power not to...

Just a thought but how about phoning and emailing DP agencies and diaries.

I've done the diairies thing (not really enough experience to get on any decent agencies books), never thought of approaching DP's agents, though. Nice idea.

Thanks to both of you for replying.