HD lens adapters

I'm working on a wildlife project using a Sony 720 HD camera with a 2x lens

This is not enough telephoto, I have a Canon 600 and numerous telephoto

Century lenses with Century adapters to Arri, Canon, and Nikon.

Since all these lens have the standard c mount for Century adapters to

still cameras etc, would there be a way of getting these lens adapted to

the Sony 720? I've researched this a bit with no results, finding that

only the Canon Mini DV and JVC 500 could be converted to use these

lenses.

Any help out there

Thank you

Norm

echofilm@mindspring.com

This is a full size professional HD camera with built in wireless mic

receiver. Use HDCAM tape. My understanding is that a telephoto

lens cannot be mounted on this camera even with an adapter because

it requires an additional lens adapter that turns the image over.

"Without an adapter you would be shooting upside down.

• Premium Member
This is a full size professional HD camera with built in wireless mic

receiver. Use HDCAM tape.

So I'm assuming it's a three 2/3" chip camera with a B4 lens mount? We need to confirm the tech specs before we can figure out a solution. There are lots of different ways to get still photography lenses mounted on a video camera, but they each have their caveats. It's not always as simple as just using an adapter, so you have to be very specific.

But the more pragmatic solution is to just get a different lens that's made for your camera. If all you want is a longer focal length, there are lots of good 2/3" video lenses out there. Depending on your project that might be more practical than trying to find some technological work-around for still lenses.

Thank you for your information and interest in helping me out. Here's what I found out,

Dean Snyder Cameras in Denver rents a conversion mount. If I wanted to buy a mount

it only costs a measily $2,500 as this a is major mirror/mount. So it's not simple, the

Sony is a Bayonet mount the image reversal is the challenge. So bottomline I have rent

a mount to do the work.

quote name='Michael Nash' date='Apr 8 2008, 12:15 PM' post='226180']

So I'm assuming it's a three 2/3" chip camera with a B4 lens mount? We need to confirm the tech specs before we can figure out a solution. There are lots of different ways to get still photography lenses mounted on a video camera, but they each have their caveats. It's not always as simple as just using an adapter, so you have to be very specific.

But the more pragmatic solution is to just get a different lens that's made for your camera. If all you want is a longer focal length, there are lots of good 2/3" video lenses out there. Depending on your project that might be more practical than trying to find some technological work-around for still lenses.