cool bars in L.A.?

Niki Mundo

More the "industry" places and less the air head meat markets. I'm Bohemian indie but I can do all types. I'm also a moderate drinker so I don't like to get wrecked every night. It would affect my work- in a positive way! Don't include your favourite seedy dive unless our "types" hang there.

I always liked Residues at 11042 Ventura Blvd in Studio City. A tiny bit upscale but not too much so At least when I was there a few years back). Course mainly actors hang out there ('course Studio City is lousy with actors so go figure) , but it WAS very cool, relatively cheap (actors HAVE no money unless they happen to be working so it almost has to be) and you could just hang out! It always was my version of Cheers. B)

Go Irish pubs for BEER, BURGERS, SHERPARD's PIE?

(1) Sonny McLane's, Boston Irish in Santa Monica [24 x Wilshire]

--it's vip on Boston game days, so become a regular

(2) Finn McCool's, pure Irish in Santa Monica along 2700 Main Street

--did I say pure Irish? bartender from Dairy, one from Dublin, one from Belfast

(3) Father's Office, excellent, excellent, excellent burger bar in St Monica [san Vicente x 10th]

--did i say excellent burgers? and bar-made fries? and excellent variety of BEER...too

Oh yea, and Bob Hayes says it best: "Hollywood losers will be found in the 'best' bars,

while the real beer drinkers go to underground pubs"

Once you've been in LA past one year, you will learn how true this philosophy is.