Sci fi miniture set

I'm about to shoot a TV show title sequence on DIGIBETACAM. it consists of macro shots and close ups of lab style equipment and the workings thereof. What is a good lighting system to use to give a cold, clinical laboratory feel to the light? Keeping in mind there will be backlit liquids flowing though clear tubes ..... please, any advice will go a long way for me, as I'm a graphic designer / After Effects animator trying to move into direction.

• 2 years later...
I'm about to shoot a TV show title sequence on DIGIBETACAM. it consists of macro shots and close ups of lab style equipment and the workings thereof. What is a good lighting system to use to give a cold, clinical laboratory feel to the light? Keeping in mind there will be backlit liquids flowing though clear tubes ..... please, any advice will go a long way for me, as I'm a graphic designer / After Effects animator trying to move into direction.

A couple of miniflos or fluorescents might do the trick. If you really want to give a colder feel to the image you could set the camera to 3200k and use daylight balanced (bluer) 5500k tubes

• Premium Member

Packshot-guru's often have strangely formed mirrors and little reflectors that they stick behind fluids to backlight them and make them glow. It's a real art to it. But for a general, toppy, lab-flourescent-lighting, I'd

go for a couple of KinoFlo's.