iweb help

Hi,

I'm finishing up my website using iweb. When I look at the compressed versions of my reels on my desktop, they look fine, but when I import them to iweb, they become darker then they should be. Has this happened to anyone before? any advice, help, would be more then welcome. Thanks.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

• Premium Member
Hi,

I'm finishing up my website using iweb. When I look at the compressed versions of my reels on my desktop, they look fine, but when I import them to iweb, they become darker then they should be. Has this happened to anyone before? any advice, help, would be more then welcome. Thanks.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

I use i-Web too but I haven't seen that happen. i-Web suggests video to be about 10mb so often reels get split into separate podcasts so clips are less

compressed. What size are your clips and how are you sending them to i-Web? Are you using QuickTime conversion in Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express

or are you sharing them from i-Movie?

I always send or drag clips to i-Web pages. Do you really import files or is that a typo?

Are you seeing the darker videos on your entries page in i-Web or on your published site? Have you checked it or had anybody else view your site from

another computer?

I use i-Web too but I haven't seen that happen. i-Web suggests video to be about 10mb so often reels get split into separate podcasts so clips are less

compressed. What size are your clips and how are you sending them to i-Web? Are you using QuickTime conversion in Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express

or are you sharing them from i-Movie?

I always send or drag clips to i-Web pages. Do you really import files or is that a typo?

Are you seeing the darker videos on your entries page in i-Web or on your published site? Have you checked it or had anybody else view your site from

another computer?

some of the files are bigger than 10 mb, and some are smaller... they are all being compressed using quicktime, and I've tried importing them both through the media application in iweb and through choosing Insert, choose, then picking my file (what I called importing) ... either way, the result is video that plays about twice as dark as it should... I haven't had the chance to check it on another computer, didn't set up hosting yet.

It's definitely a strange problem, I've tried researching it online, and nothing... thanks for the reply. Hopefully Ill be able to figure it out (probably starting with setting up hosting and seeing if it plays dark on other computers).

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'll definitely take 'em. thanks.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

• Premium Member
some of the files are bigger than 10 mb, and some are smaller... they are all being compressed using quicktime, and I've tried importing them both through the media application in iweb and through choosing Insert, choose, then picking my file (what I called importing) ... either way, the result is video that plays about twice as dark as it should... I haven't had the chance to check it on another computer, didn't set up hosting yet.

It's definitely a strange problem, I've tried researching it online, and nothing... thanks for the reply. Hopefully Ill be able to figure it out (probably starting with setting up hosting and seeing if it plays dark on other computers).

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'll definitely take 'em. thanks.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

Bobby, one resource that I utilize is having a ProCare membership with Apple. It's good at any Apple store and gives you an hour one on one with an

Apple expert once a week for a year and also priority at the Genius Bar in the Apple store. I just spent my whole last appointment working on a website

in i-Web. I'm fairly good at it but I had some funky challenges and they were able to figure them out. For two dollars an hour, or now four dollars an hour

(see below) it's a deal!

It was $99.00 a year and it just went up to about $200.00 a year for both but it's still worth it. You've got to find the right people at whatever store (some are experts at Final Cut Pro, some are musicians who are great at GarageBand but not the ones to be asking about video post production.)

I would guess that one of them could help you. I'll ask about it at my next appointment.

Also, there's a forum called Creative Cow (pretty sure it's creativecow.com) and those guys seem to always be able to answer questions about oddball

stuff like this in Apple applications.

Bobby, one resource that I utilize is having a ProCare membership with Apple. It's good at any Apple store and gives you an hour one on one with an

Apple expert once a week for a year and also priority at the Genius Bar in the Apple store. I just spent my whole last appointment working on a website

in i-Web. I'm fairly good at it but I had some funky challenges and they were able to figure them out. For two dollars an hour, or now four dollars an hour

(see below) it's a deal!

It was $99.00 a year and it just went up to about $200.00 a year for both but it's still worth it. You've got to find the right people at whatever store (some are experts at Final Cut Pro, some are musicians who are great at GarageBand but not the ones to be asking about video post production.)

I would guess that one of them could help you. I'll ask about it at my next appointment.

Also, there's a forum called Creative Cow (pretty sure it's creativecow.com) and those guys seem to always be able to answer questions about oddball

stuff like this in Apple applications.

Tim man, thanks so much for the heads up... I really appreciate all the help. I'll definitely give those ideas a try. Thanks man, talk soon.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal