814 XLS film stock questions!

Joe Simon

I've been searching around for answers to these questions but can't seem to find a clear answer.

I will be shooting Kodak Vision 2 film stocks 200t and 500t on my 814xls for a wedding. I plan on using the 200t outdoors during the day as well as indoors during the day. I plan on using the 500t during the reception and outside when it is dark.

- My questions is will this camera read the ISO on these stocks automatically so I can use the internal meter or will i need to meter in another way?

- Will the internal 85b filter engage with these stocks or do I need an external filter when shooting outside.

I appreciate the help!

The way the VISION stocks are set up now, they will automatically disable the internal 85 filter and set the exposure meter to overexpose the film by one stop.

That means you should use an external 85 over the lens. If you want to circumvent Kodak's methodology here, just cut a filter notch so that the camera's filter pin won't be pressed in. This will allow the use of the internal 85 and will set the meter at an ASA rating of about + 1/3 stop overexposure.

For your use I would just leave it alone. The overexposure will work well for a transfer and you can use the external filter when you need it without complicating things.