Locam III

jacob thomas

I just bought a Locam III, has anyone used one?

The only practical information I've found has been that it is c-mount and takes standard perforated film on Taylor reels.

Does anyone have a manual?

I've emailed the manufacturer about service and conversion to s16 but they haven't got back to me yet.

• 2 months later...

I have a manual for the Locam II and i 'm sure there are similarities with the locam III.

I will scan it and give it to everyone interested.

Also people at http://www.visinst.com are very helpful. They traced the history of my camera (where it was used etc) and gave info about it.But when it comes to supplies like cables etc their prices were way too expensive for my pocket.

I have a manual for the Locam II and i 'm sure there are similarities with the locam III.

I will scan it and give it to everyone interested.

Also people at http://www.visinst.com are very helpful. They traced the history of my camera (where it was used etc) and gave info about it.But when it comes to supplies like cables etc their prices were way too expensive for my pocket.

Yes their prices are expenive. Power cable US$250, manual US$150, etc etc. Viewfinder about $2000-$3000 (luckily I was able to get one on ebay for $150).

Unfortunately I haven't run any film through my camera yet... work keeps getting in the way but I'll keep you posted.

I'd love a copy of the manual [sent pm].

Hello again.

I have sent the manual to jacob thomas without the illustrated parts list. I will be away from the pc until the end of August.

So when im back ill scan these also.

If a sustained member would like to upload the pdf file pm me.

About the cable it easy to hack it and use whatever you want.The wiring is in the manual.I found a deutsch connector cheap in Ebay and didnt have to mess a lot with wires. Unfortunately mine is a non reflex, but it came from a university and was well taken after.

I have shot only 300ft and it works very nice (but noisy as it should i think).Never jammed and footage is steady!