Green Screen Stop-Motion

Hello All,

I'm preping for a short film, which will involve some stop motion animation composited with

live action.

The plan is to shoot the principal photography by the middle of September and go to stop-motion

against green screen for compositing.

We are animating a paper crane to fly.

Besides matching the light with live action photography, the problem of the green screen spill

arises.

While the plan is to get the subject away from the back drop, I'm trying to figure out

if I should have it on some sort of pedestal painted in chroma green (which will give us spill) and deal with it in post, or should i suspend it with chroma green cord/wire.

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Alex Volkov

Have your model supported by whatever you need in order to get it framed properly. You don't need to hang it from green wires; just hang it from regular wires or fishing line or whatever and then paint that out in post. What color is the paper crane? If it's just like white paper then you can just shoot it against black and roto the whole thing, which shouldn't be too hard since I'm assuming it's composed mostly of straight lines. That way you wouldn't have to worry about any spill.

Have your model supported by whatever you need in order to get it framed properly. You don't need to hang it from green wires; just hang it from regular wires or fishing line or whatever and then paint that out in post. What color is the paper crane? If it's just like white paper then you can just shoot it against black and roto the whole thing, which shouldn't be too hard since I'm assuming it's composed mostly of straight lines. That way you wouldn't have to worry about any spill.

Thanks a lot Scott.

I'll be doing some tests, so I'll try couple of ways and see what works...

Alex Volkov