new website

hi,

I've finally gotten around to making a website, and would love to get some feedback about the layout, content, etc. It made it in iweb (almost proving that it's not idiot-proof in the process).

Here's the address: www.bobbyshore.com. Thanks.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

Guest Christian Sprenger

Hey Bobby,

first off, Great work on the website. I am very close to re-doing mine and gearing it a lot more towards a clip-based interface. Also, my highest compliments on your work - terrific stuff! And might I add that the last line in your bio is amazing! I'm from Chicago and have only been in LA about 6 months but am beginning to find out how hard it is to keep up with biking in this damn city- however, I still try to ride every day and I must say that I feel quite rebellious when riding next to people in their cars!

I noticed that your bio mentions mention that you attended AFI in 2004 - I finished my undergrad last spring at Columbia in Chicago in cinematography and have been toying with the AFI vs. "just get out there and shoot" argument ever since. Obviously when I first moved to LA it was all ''get out and shoot'' but I'm finding it more and more difficult to do that. I've still been shooting and have a lot of new content for the re-vamping of the website, but I'm afraid of loosing those few solid contacts that I do have over time and then having to start back at square one. It appears as though AFI was a great choice for you... any advice? Do you feel that it was worth the tuition cost in the long run?

Great work over all though man - very nice and clean!

Hey Bobby,

first off, Great work on the website. I am very close to re-doing mine and gearing it a lot more towards a clip-based interface. Also, my highest compliments on your work - terrific stuff! And might I add that the last line in your bio is amazing! I'm from Chicago and have only been in LA about 6 months but am beginning to find out how hard it is to keep up with biking in this damn city- however, I still try to ride every day and I must say that I feel quite rebellious when riding next to people in their cars!

I noticed that your bio mentions mention that you attended AFI in 2004 - I finished my undergrad last spring at Columbia in Chicago in cinematography and have been toying with the AFI vs. "just get out there and shoot" argument ever since. Obviously when I first moved to LA it was all ''get out and shoot'' but I'm finding it more and more difficult to do that. I've still been shooting and have a lot of new content for the re-vamping of the website, but I'm afraid of loosing those few solid contacts that I do have over time and then having to start back at square one. It appears as though AFI was a great choice for you... any advice? Do you feel that it was worth the tuition cost in the long run?

Great work over all though man - very nice and clean!

what's up christian,

dude, thanks so much for the comments, much appreciated. As for the biking, check out http://www.midnightridazz.com... weekly rides, lots of fun... I just got back from a 15 mile trek around the city, met some really cool people. email me so I get your contact info and I'll let you know the next time I go out if you want to peep it.

As for AFI, yeah man, the tuition vs. education question is a big one... It was completely worth it for me, I learned a ton, had an awesome time (even though it was pretty tough), and for real, it had a pretty big influence on handling the work I was fortunate enough to get into after I finished. Remember also, those contacts you have now will still be there in couple years, plus you'll meet a ton more at the school. It's a tough call... there's nothing wrong with applying and saying no either.

Let me know if you have anymore questions man. I'd be happy to help if I can. Peace.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

www.bobbyshore.com

Let me know if you have anymore questions

• Premium Member
hi,

I've finally gotten around to making a website, and would love to get some feedback about the layout, content, etc. It made it in iweb (almost proving that it's not idiot-proof in the process).

Here's the address: www.bobbyshore.com. Thanks.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

Hey, that's got some pretty cool stuff on there, definitely some imagery off the beaten path. Nice work!

I like the layout. Only one clip ("Destin" in "commercial" didn't load) and I got the big blue Q. Everything else was ready to go right away. I mention it because

I use i-Web too and I like to know if people can see everything.

I'm curious, some of those clips are good length. i-Web recommends a 10MB file size for optimum performance per clip. What sizes are these clips?

Do you export from Final Cut Pro or i-Movie or how do you send your video to i-Web and do you use QT conversion or "share" in i-Movie?

Now I know where I've seen your name. I watch "The Business" on IFC. You do a great job!

Hey, that's got some pretty cool stuff on there, definitely some imagery off the beaten path. Nice work!

I like the layout. Only one clip ("Destin" in "commercial" didn't load) and I got the big blue Q. Everything else was ready to go right away. I mention it because

I use i-Web too and I like to know if people can see everything.

I'm curious, some of those clips are good length. i-Web recommends a 10MB file size for optimum performance per clip. What sizes are these clips?

Do you export from Final Cut Pro or i-Movie or how do you send your video to i-Web and do you use QT conversion or "share" in i-Movie?

Now I know where I've seen your name. I watch "The Business" on IFC. You do a great job!

What's up Tim,

Thanks so much for the nice words, I really appreciate it. Most of the clips are 16-29 MB in size, which I know is bigger than iweb says they should be, but I haven't had any problems yet (at least none that I know about)... although, maybe that;s why the Destin clip had a hard time loading.

For the compression, I usually exported a good sized quicktime from final cut pro, then exported again using quicktime with a broadband setting, that brought most of the video in the 20-30 MB range... I thought it'd be too big, but a friend said it'd work fine.

I know what you're saying about iweb though, for some reason I feel like since I actually did it myself, it'll never work on anyone else's computer.

Thanks again for your input man, talk soon.

Bobby Shore

DP

LA/Montreal

www.bobbyshore.com