i hate the sony xdcam ex it wont work with avid

Jack Schwitz

i just took an editing gig using footage from a hard drive shot on a prosumer sony xd cam. i cannot import the footage correctly into my media composer. I have tried rewrapping them as xml files using the sony clip browser, and downloaded the latest version of avid's media composer and still have nothing. I can import the clips but they will not play for more than .2 seconds before and error message pops up. the screen is either green or black in the preview window. the footage was shot at 720/30p at 35mbps. what in gods green earth am i doing wrong. if this is the way of the future I will name my first child betaSP in honor of a format that never gave me any issues! any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Guest Glen Alexander

looks like you have a codec problem. could be anything from using 8-bit codec on 10-bit file, bad de-compressor version. check compatability.

looks like you have a codec problem. could be anything from using 8-bit codec on 10-bit file, bad de-compressor version. check compatability.

thanks, i am looking into Carbon Coder to see if it will help me on out.

i just took an editing gig using footage from a hard drive shot on a prosumer sony xd cam. i cannot import the footage correctly into my media composer. I have tried rewrapping them as xml files using the sony clip browser, and downloaded the latest version of avid's media composer and still have nothing. I can import the clips but they will not play for more than .2 seconds before and error message pops up. the screen is either green or black in the preview window. the footage was shot at 720/30p at 35mbps. what in gods green earth am i doing wrong. if this is the way of the future I will name my first child betaSP in honor of a format that never gave me any issues! any ideas are greatly appreciated!

What is the error message that comes up? It could be a lot of things.

Have you been able to contact your Avid vendor? That would be a great resource as well.