Mandy Walker to Receive Kodak Vision Award at Women In Film�s Crystal + Lucy Awards

Sue Smith

Mandy Walker to Receive Kodak Vision Award at Women In Film?s Crystal + Lucy Awards

Mandy Walker, ACS will receive the Kodak Vision Award for Cinematography when Women In Film celebrates the Crystal + Lucy Awards here at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on June 17. The award, which Kodak inaugurated and sponsors to recognize the role that female cinematographers play in the collaborative art of filmmaking, will be presented by Baz Luhrmann.

?Mandy Walker is a tremendous talent,? says Kodak?s Michael Morelli, vice president and worldwide general manager for Kodak?s Entertainment Imaging Division. ?She has earned this recognition with her impressive and eclectic body of work.?

Walker recently completed Luhrmann?s "Australia," an epic 20th Century Fox film set during World War II that features Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman in leading roles. Her other notable feature credits include "Love Serenade," "The Well," "Lantana," "Australian Rules" and "Shattered Glass." Walker also shot the memorable CHANEL No. 5 commercial campaign featuring Kidman.

Walker was born and raised in Australia. A dedicated movie fan, she decided that she wanted to be a cinematographer during her early teens. After completing a film studies program, Walker quickly worked her way up through the ranks of the camera crew system and earned her first feature cinematography credit at the age of 25. Her diverse body of work includes documentaries, music videos and television commercials.

?I am honored and thrilled to be receiving the Kodak Vision Award this year.? says Walker. ?I already feel I am very fortunate to be doing a job I'm passionate about, and to also be acknowledged and recognized in this way is personally very rewarding.?

Previous recipients of the Kodak Vision Award include Nancy Schreiber, ASC, Sandi Sissel, ASC, Ellen Kuras, ASC, Lisa Rinzler, Amelia Vincent, ASC, Carolyn Chen, Tami Reiker, ASC, Maryse Alberti, and Uta Briesewitz, among others.

Women In Film?s mission is to empower, promote and mentor women in the entertainment and media industries. For more information, visit www.wif.org.

More information about Kodak is available at www.kodak.com.

#

post-32876-1210629612.jpg