Camera Assistant for hire

• Premium Member

Hi all, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and am willing to work for free in exchange for some training on digital motion picture and ENG cameras.

I've worked as a production assistant, SFX assistant, grip, stage manager, and did some limited camera ops from 1987 up until the mid 90s. I've worked on commercials, industrials, some indys and a few feature films in the past, and am looking to get back into media.

Most of my free time is early mornings (before 10:30 AM), late afternoons, evenings, and occasionally Tuesdays. I work two part time jobs, but am willing to make time.

PM me or respond to this post.

I hope to hear from some of you :)

• Premium Member

Hey all;

My new availability;

Mon, Wed, Thrs; all day

Tues; Mornings

Some additional history about myself;

I've worked on studio and location shoots, am familiar with mole richardson lighting equipment (lights as well as flags, scrims, nets and so forth), have worked around Sony and Ikegami cameras and have done some limited camera ops on older chip and tube cameras. I've done second unit stuff in the past with older Hi-8 cameras; Sony and Canon (I own an L-1 lens kit that I used to rent out).

I'm reliable, dependable, and easy to get along with :)

Drop me a line for some free labor on your next shoot!

• Premium Member

I hate to be the one but most jobs won't fit well into Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Working in films really has to be an all or nothing commitment because of the long hours and sometimes crazy schedule.

• Premium Member

Hey Chris :)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I remember working 14 hour days years back for a couple of weeks every now and then. I'm hoping to give a few days of free labor on commercials and industrials to anyone interested in a helping hand :)

Feature work, indy and studio, is more miss than hit in the Bay Area. A lot of the indys I worked on were just happy to have an extra set of hands to move lights. That may not be the case today, but I'm willing if anyone else is :)

• 1 month later...