EX 1 shot coming Monday and no hands on the beast yet

Markus Rave

I am helping out on a student´s project that lost it´s intended cinematographer. My only experience with semi professional cams is a 3D project for IBM using the HVX200. I frankly admit I hated the camera. Not to be matched with the 2nd one, loosing the setup after change of battery and NO latitude. The EX 1 is supposed to be better. Well, I hope so. Please don´t ask why I don´t do tests. Please don´t ask why this and that. Fact is I´ll shoot on Monday and will have to use the camera. And I will not see it before.

• I work with my meter mostly. What will be a safe latitude to light? I hope 6 to 7 stops.
  • How do you rate the cam in ISO?
  • I would like to use a monitor for the director. Will the camera provide composite signal or do
    I need an HD/SDI monitor?
  • As I know there will be a laptop on set. What is the best way to handle the data? Means how does the camcorder name the material?
  • I plan to shoot 25p for conversion to 50i PAL signal. Any traps????
  • Wobble and skew should not be a problem. What about jitter? Anyone tried a 30th? On the Varicam this solved the problem sometimes.

I searched the forum but only a few seem to have shot with this camcorder. Any help???

Thanks

Markus