A Day In the Woods

Samuel

Guest Joshua Powless

I thought it was pretty neat, how did you do the lighting? what kind of temperture correction did you do?

I thought it was pretty neat, how did you do the lighting? what kind of temperture correction did you do?

Thanks Joshua. It was all natural lighting of the sun falling through the forest onto the ground. Did some color grading and put a bit more contrast to the images to add more depth. That's it.

great shots, love the colour and lighting. im pretty new to cameras, when your messing with the depth of field, ie, when the background is severly out of focus, are u just messing with the f-number? its something im wanting to do and would it be possible on a sony hdv-z1e cam as thats all i have available at university!

great shots, love the colour and lighting. im pretty new to cameras, when your messing with the depth of field, ie, when the background is severly out of focus, are u just messing with the f-number? its something im wanting to do and would it be possible on a sony hdv-z1e cam as thats all i have available at university!

Hey David. Thanks for your comments. Regarding depth of field, it has more to do with the lens and how you adjust it to achieve the look. F-stops do come in to play as well. I could go more into details but the guys at the following link did a better job. Check it out.

http://www.snodart.com/tutorials.php

Have fun shooting.

Good job. This piece reminds me of Billy Williams (B.S.C.) naturally light photography for the picture "On Golden Pond." The music is fitting.

Thanks. Nature provides some of the best lighting...and it's FREE... :rolleyes: Knowing how and where tho place the camera, one can capture some fairly interesting and creative shots.