HDX900 factory reset

Ollie Bartlett

Hi there,

Simple question... does the HDX have a factory reset in its menus? Cant find it for the life of me, and dont really want to go through the settings 1 by 1 changing the values.

If there is one, and someone could tell me its location within the menu system, ill owe them a debt of gratitude.

Cheers,

Ollie

... and lo and behold the factory reset function was revealed, and all was well.

Nice one Mitch... your debt of gratitude will be sent via airmail.

Cheers mate,

Ollie

Ooh... one last thing. Not important to me whatsoever, but why would panasonic include the 'engage security' feature? I cant think of one reason why i would ever need a button that, when pressed meant i lock up all the menus and would need to send the camera off to a technician to get all them unlocked again. Any reason you know of for its inclusion, or has the bbc in house guide to the camera got the function of it all wrong?

• Premium Member
... but why would panasonic include the 'engage security' feature? I

In the olden days, we used to tape over the switches once something was set up correctly, just to make sure that nothing accidentally got changed during the day. Clairmont added flip-up covers to some cameras for the same reason. This is probably just the evolution of that.

-- J.S.

But from what i understand the camera needs to be taken to an engineer to be unlocked... seems excessive to just make sure settings aren't changed.

Especially, in fact, if it were to inhibit the record function or any other vital operation.

(Although my source may be wrong for this)