NYC grip looking for work in the Bay

Hey everyone -

I live in NYC but I'm on "vacation" in the Bay until late June. If anyone is looking for a grip/electric/swing, I'll be happy to come out and lend a hand. I'm looking to build a network of contacts here. I haven't worked too many shows here, but have worked with Paciano Triunfo - who many of you SF peeps probably know - on a few projects prior to moving to NY. Please send me a PM if you'd like to know a bit more about my past experience.

Thanks for reading.

- anton

• Premium Member

Hey Anton,

I'd first give Paciano a call and see if he can recommend you for any jobs coming up. Other than that, check out the reeldirectory.com and start cold calling guys in your department and asking if you can give them your contact info. You never know when someone will be unavailable and they'll have to call you to fill in. Jon Fontana gets a lot of grip/electric/swing work for his guys (I'd tell him you're Paciano's friend from NYC). He also works a lot in NY. Just be aware that he's a pretty salty old timer and very busy, so keep your pitch short and sweet. He likes to find and develop young talented crew, so he's a good guy to hook up with.

Anyway, good luck! Hope we get to work together before you leave.

Edited by Satsuki Murashige

What's up Satsuki -

Thanks for the advice and the tip about reeldirectory.com. I'll definitely check it out. Actually, Paciano and I worked a really small job this past Saturday with a friend of ours. I've let him know I'm interested in jumping on any jobs he can recommend me for. Anyway, I'll keep grindin'

Take it easy, brother.

- anton

Hey Anton,

I'd first give Paciano a call and see if he can recommend you for any jobs coming up. Other than that, check out the reeldirectory.com and start cold calling guys in your department and asking if you can give them your contact info. You never know when someone will be unavailable and they'll have to call you to fill in. Jon Fontana gets a lot of grip/electric/swing work for his guys (I'd tell him you're Paciano's friend from NYC). He also works a lot in NY. Just be aware that he's a pretty salty old timer and very busy, so keep your pitch short and sweet. He likes to find and develop young talented crew, so he's a good guy to hook up with.

Anyway, good luck! Hope we get to work together before you leave.