35mm camera graveyard in Los Angeles or CA?

Guest Glen Alexander

Guest Glen Alexander

Anyone know where is the graveyard for old non-working 35mm cameras and equipment in Los Angeles or CA area?

Make, model doesn't matter.

Where they are free or nearly free.

Anyone know where is the graveyard for old non-working 35mm cameras and equipment in Los Angeles or CA area?

Make, model doesn't matter.

Where they are free or nearly free.

Never heard of one. It's not as if they wear out. I know productions shooting with cameras older than my grandfather. Hell, my own 35mm's are older than my grandfather. Usually, worst case a part will break, and they'll machine a new one.

Guest Glen Alexander
Never heard of one. It's not as if they wear out. I know productions shooting with cameras older than my grandfather. Hell, my own 35mm's are older than my grandfather. Usually, worst case a part will break, and they'll machine a new one.

Ah, would happen to have one of those old B&L 152mm?

Not that I would want the camera that was crushed by a tank as in Ironman. ha ha... well on second hand maybe I would... might have some good parts.

But seems somewhere there would a be a warehouse somewhere in LA, they keep everything. You go out to the Mojave and there is a whole junkyard of old aircraft.

cheers

Edited by Glen Alexander

Ah, would happen to have one of those old B&L 152mm?

Not that I would want the camera that was crushed by a tank as in Ironman. ha ha... well on second hand maybe I would... might have some good parts.

But seems somewhere there would a be a warehouse somewhere in LA, they keep everything. You go out to the Mojave and there is a whole junkyard of old aircraft.

cheers

No one location I am aware of. And that camera in Ironman was a mock-up, not a real one.

• Premium Member

Certainly none where they're free or nearly free. The two I know of were both rather high priced.

About 30 years ago, there was a place on Orange a little South of Santa Monica on the East side called Pro Photo. The back was a two story warehouse space stacked to the ceiling with Mitchells and Eyemos. So overpriced that nobody I know of ever bought anything but very small accessories from them.

The other may still be there, Lloyd's camera up North on the East side of Cahuenga. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Lloyd Bernstein died a few years ago, but I saw a recent listing for the company. I don't get by there often, and when I do, I've always forgotten to look to see if the store is still there.

-- J.S.