First RED on Ebay

Guest Glen Alexander

So basically it's like switching from a platform with a ton of low cost options to switching to a platform with limited expensive options? Thank you for that...it clarified a lot.

Uh, no. How you inferred that is beyond me. I'm simply saying it's more intuitive, easier to use. It's solid. Like a mac.

I really loved working with ARRI's and a few Panavisions, but the RED just works better for myself.

As far as the ebay listing, if you reread the posts here and on reduser.net concerning it, you will find that the seller refuses to divulge the serial number. He has also posted this auction once before under a different name. There has been one or two REDs stolen already.

Edited by Shawn Booth

• Premium Member
As far as the ebay listing, if you reread the posts here and on reduser.net concerning it, you will find that the seller refuses to divulge the serial number.

That's interesting because I actually BID on the camera and he had no problem telling me the serial number. Why don't you try yourself instead of listening to hearsay.

Of course, if it happens to be a person who follows these forums, it's no wonder they're cautious. All the RED fans have them targetted as a thief who has a stolen product. I wouldn't waste my time divulging info to anyone who wasn't a serious bidder either. This person doesn't owe you or anyone at REDuser.net an explanation for their actions. Think about how ridiculous I would sound if I got paranoid everytime someone sold a Bolex on eBay without disclosing the serial number. It happens at least three times a week.

• Premium Member

Also, I think it would be "high-larious" (as our Oscar nominated friend coined that term) for every film shooter here to add a line to their signature with the camera brand and model we shot with followed by the serial number so we can be identified by our camera.

I am Matthew W. Phillips but more importantly, I'm Sankyo 620XL Supertronic #4D36543 and Elmo 1012S-XL #?????? (I haven't received it yet)...oh yeah, also my miniDV handheld is Panasonic PV-DC252D #F2HS52892. I hope I'm cool like all of you folks now.

No, you're just really defensive.

I wasn't attacking you - ever. Your posted reply to me was a defensive response.

And as you stated here, you weren't a serious bidder. Null point on your end.

And it's not about being cool, just proud that I post my serial number.

How much does the highest priced Bolex cost on ebay? I really have no idea.

Also, relax man. People can put whatever they want in their signatures. If a group of people or one person has their camera's serial number in their sig, it doesn't make them cool, and I doubt they are trying to be cooler than you or anything like that. What purpose does it serve to make posts like that? It's only picking fights with other users, and we're all lucky Shawn took it maturely and didn't retaliate with an equally pointless post.