U.S. bought lights for foreign (South Africa) outlets?

I am planning on getting some lights, probably a Lowell Pro (250 watts), Omni (500 watts), and Tota (750 watts), though this is not yet set in stone. I will be going to South Africa in a few months and will be shooting some interviews and was wondering if these lights would function properly there. Obviously I will be using power converter/adapters but is the actual power that will be available through those devices going to be sufficient? As you can probably tell, I've never dealt with power conversion and although I have worked with said lights, I do not own any of my own as of yet. Please help me with my problem and give any related suggestions if you can.

South Africa works off 220/230v power. The easiest way would be to ensure you purchase 110-240volt lampheads, and 240volt bubble stock for them, for use in South Africa. Then all you need is a plug adaptor, rather than taking heavy transformers.

Ok. Different lampheads can be rated at typically 120v, 240v or they can be rated to be able to do both, usually seen in specs as 110-240v. The bubbles/globes/bulbs for these lamps are also rated as specific voltages, 120 or 240v.

When you use the lamps in the US you will need 120v globes, but in south africa you will need the 240v globes.

I hope that makes more sense?

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks for all your help. As a final clarification. say I'm looking at this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/2859...or_1_Three.html

It has the 120-240VAC rating and I can purchase 240v bulbs. The cable is rated 120 but seems to be extension anyway so I can get new cables with the plug adapters and that should be fine. Does that all seem accurate to you?