"12 Hours to Live" movie/obviously digital but what?

• Premium Member

I saw scenes from a 2006 movie playing on cable called "!2 Hours to Live" that seems

to me to be obviously of digital origination but I haven't been able to find out anything anywhere about what camera/format was used.

Unlike some other movies in which the digital origination can work in a way that

succeeds in looking a lot like that "film look", this film has a crisp digital look, although

not necessarily a "video look" and really interesting uses of color, such as some exteriors

with a strong tobacco feel to the palette. Perhaps some of hat was done with production design and in post, but I was fascinated by how this movie seemed to work so well

(from the parts that I saw) by not attempting to fool anybody with a "film look" but yet

the crisp look that it does have and its use of colors is really intriguing.

I saw it on a regular old tv set but I was rather amazed at the detail level in some shots, especially the bumps on the facial skin of beautiful Ione Skye. These did not seem to be deliberate touches but rather the sort of thing that would be deliberately covered up, with make-up,lighting, etc.,

In a way though, it was cool, it felt realistic, but not reality tv real.

There is a certain sterility to the grainlessness of the images that I dislike, perhaps

simply because of my long established bias for film, inculcated long before any "films"

weren't shot on film, yet I found myself drawn to this look and would have kept watching if

I had time.

It's showing on Lifetime Movie Network and was shot in Vancouver, so perhaps those may be indicators of a production that might tend to have a budget/workflow that would tend

toward digital.

If anybody knows anything, I'd be fascinated and appreciative to hear.

Thanks.