when they ask you what you want?!

Hi everyone.

I'm sure anyone who shot lowbudget films had this expierience: before you start shooting, before you know your locations, before even there is fisnished script. They (production) ask you what lights/lamps do you need and how many?

If you have not really big expierience (like myself) you get kind of paralised. Like myself....

Anyway, I'm to prepare list of lamps I'd be using for documentary.

The only thing I know is that I can't have a lot.

I thought of HMI's 2.5, 1.2 x 2

few (3) kino flos for interviews

and maybe box of dedolights

What do you think?

iga

Hi everyone.

I'm sure anyone who shot lowbudget films had this expierience: before you start shooting, before you know your locations, before even there is fisnished script. They (production) ask you what lights/lamps do you need and how many?

If you have not really big expierience (like myself) you get kind of paralised. Like myself....

Anyway, I'm to prepare list of lamps I'd be using for documentary.

The only thing I know is that I can't have a lot.

I thought of HMI's 2.5, 1.2 x 2

few (3) kino flos for interviews

and maybe box of dedolights

What do you think?

iga

Tell us more about the documentary and if you will have a gaffer with you a.s.o. Unless you have a gaffer I wouldn´t bring anything larger than a 1.2 hmi. To you list I´d add a 1 ft x 1 ft litepanel and 2 regular litepanels for times when you need to light inside a car or other cramped spaces without 110/220V. They also make a great eyelight when you shoot a interview.