Help needed with a Sankyo Super CM 400

Molly Devas

Hello there

I have just found a Sankyo Super CM 400, it looks like it is in good condition but there is no manual. I would love to get it working, but have no idea about how it works, what film it takes or what type batteries it needs.

Is anyone able to help get me started, I am new to all this and indeed to posting questions...any help would be very much appreciated!

:unsure:

Hi Molly,

it takes 4 x AA batteries. It doesn't need any other batteries.

I believe Sankyo cameras of that period could read all possible super 8 asa speeds, so it can take any film.

Try a roll of Ektachrome 64t to test it.

There are tips and explanations on my web site about some camera basics. nanolab.com.au

good luck with it,

Richard

Hello there

I have just found a Sankyo Super CM 400, it looks like it is in good condition but there is no manual. I would love to get it working, but have no idea about how it works, what film it takes or what type batteries it needs.

Is anyone able to help get me started, I am new to all this and indeed to posting questions...any help would be very much appreciated!

:unsure:

• Upvote 1

Hi Molly,

I have the exact same Camera! Read through the Super8 Reader's Digest Thread above which will provide you basically all the information you need. You can click the Website Link in my Signature below for more info. The front Dial on your Camera's Lens is for adjusting the 'Focus'. The back Dial on the Lens is to manually control the 'Zoom'. I don't recommend using the Electric Zoom Button on the top left side because it slows down the Motor and alters the Film Speed. There is a Pause Jack on the Camera's bottom back side. This is explained on my Website below. The Dial on the top left side is for Manual or Automatic Aperture Control -- better to use Auto. The Screw Hole on the right side is a Cable Release Socket for Single Frame filming.

I forgot to mention, when set the Aperture to 'Auto', the power remains on for the Auto Aperture even with the Motor off unless you 'lock' the Power Button in the OFF position -- by pushing up the Lock Button when the Power Button is OFF. / The Button inside of a Screw Hole on top is for pushing OUT the 'Outdoor Blue Light Filter' which filters excess blue light when filming outdoors. It's intended for a Light Socket to screw into, but you can find a bolt that will fit. / The Camera uses one Battery exclusively for the Auto Aperture which, for my Camera, means that its Motor uses 4.5 Volts.

Click the Link below to my recent Thread "At last, A SOLUTION TO JITTERINESS". The Clutch on your Camera is almost certainly too tight which means it will tug on the Film causing an intermittent jittery picture. My Thread tells you how to test the Clutch. I can tell you how to remove it and loosen it if needed.

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=32243