Where to find classically trained musicians?

Guest Glen Alexander

Guest Glen Alexander

Am looking for someone who can read classical sheet music as well as play variations on piano and/or cello.

Guest Glen Alexander

I'm looking for more of an online searchable database rather than general ideas.

• Premium Member
Try your local musician's union.

If you can, or will, pay professional rates the musician's union will provide what you need. If you are going to pay less, try a good college level music school. It's amazing how good these kids are-- and they can really use the cash.

Bruce

Guest Glen Alexander
If you can, or will, pay professional rates the musician's union will provide what you need. If you are going to pay less, try a good college level music school. It's amazing how good these kids are-- and they can really use the cash.

Bruce

Ok, what are the best schools/conservatories in Los Angeles?

• Premium Member
Ok, what are the best schools/conservatories in Los Angeles?

Hi Glen,

Colburn Conservatory. Kind of stuck up, they're the best and they know it.

USC Thornton School of Music.

UCLA- I don't know the specific name of the music school.

If this is a paying gig, feel free to contact me. My son is a violist starting a music contracting business-- he has many contacts at both Colburn and USC for any classical instrumentation.

Bruce Taylor

Guest Glen Alexander
Hi Glen,

Colburn Conservatory. Kind of stuck up, they're the best and they know it.

USC Thornton School of Music.

UCLA- I don't know the specific name of the music school.

If this is a paying gig, feel free to contact me. My son is a violist starting a music contracting business-- he has many contacts at both Colburn and USC for any classical instrumentation.

Bruce Taylor

Hi Bruce,

Yes it is small paying gig, there would be one day on set and a day rehearsal. Food, insurance all that stuff is taken care of. But since I'm interested in students not pros, this is not huge Michael Bay production for pay consideration. I want quality but what I can afford and not a someone playing a keyboard.

I need a small section of a flute, clarinet, cello, violin, maybe a kettle drum...

cheers

glen

• Premium Member
I need a small section of a flute, clarinet, cello, violin, maybe a kettle drum...

Hi Glen,

I guess the question here is how many hours. Standard rates are about $100 per person to show up and work a couple of hours. A whole day rehearsal or whole day performance would be $300 per person.

Charles (my son) would be very interested in talking to you about your project, as it is right up his alley (he just graduated from USC music dept). Feel free to contact me via email or pm.

-Bruce